Join Our Team
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Operative
LOCATION: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: Permanent roles starting on a competitive hourly rate, depending on experience and qualifications.
Day shift: Initially ranging from £8.50-£9.50.
WORKING HOURS: Full time, Monday to Friday, weekly alternating shift pattern between 06:00 – 14:00 hrs / 14:00 – 22:00 hrs.
The purpose of the role is to ensure all picking and goods in and out activities are completed in the required time and in line with procedures.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Collate and despatch orders to customer requirements with high level of accuracy.
- To check goods in against delivery notes for accuracy and damages.
- Pick customer orders as per company procedures, undertaking all necessary controls, ensuring temperature disciplines, stacking, labelling and security procedures are complied with.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the workplace environment is maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
- Comply with quarantine procedures and non-conformance procedures as required.
- Follow the requirements of the Standard Operating Procedures for the safe and legal handling of food.
- Take reasonable care of both your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, ensuring all company safety and quality systems are adhered to. Raising concerns and reporting any incidents to your manager.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the roles:
- Previous distribution centre, cold store or warehouse operative experience essential (12 months preferred)
- Powered pallet, counterbalance and reach truck experience preferable
- Comfortable working in a temperature of -25 degrees Celsius (clothing will be provided)
- Good standard of education and fluent in English
- Previous experience of using RF scanning equipment preferred but not essential as training will be provided
- Motivated individuals with the ability to use their own initiative as well as working as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail
If you wish to apply for this position, please click here
Chitern Cold Storage Group Ltd is always looking for qualified individuals to join our team. We offer careers in logistics, warehousing, transportation, and office management among other areas.
If you are interested in making us aware of your qualifications and desire to join the Chiltern team please send a brief email detailing your experience along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or send us your details in the post:
Chiltern Cold Storage Group Ltd
Woodston Industrial Estate