Join Our Team
Chiltern Peterborough is recruiting for Warehouse Operatives - Days & Nights
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Operative - Peterborough Depot
The purpose of the role is to ensure all picking and goods in and out activities are completed in the required time and in line with procedures.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Permanent roles starting on a competitive hourly rate / depending on experience and shift patterns.
£7.75-£9.00 to start following successful probation period. Supplement for nights.
DAY SHIFT: Rotational shifts Monday to Friday, fortnightly alternating shift pattern between 6am - 2pm & 10am - 6pm
NIGHT SHIFT ONLY: Sunday - Thursday 8:00pm - 5:30am
Key Responsibilities to include: -
- Unloading vehicles and receiving goods in and out
- Loading on company transport and third-party vehicles
- Accurate preparation and picking of ring orders
- Picking orders
- Working with computerised and RF warehouse management systems
- Ensure stock is rotated correctly
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the roles: -
- Previous distribution centre, cold store or warehouse operative experience desirable (12 months preferred)
- Reach truck forklift licence preferred but not essential as training will be provided
- Powered pallet truck experience preferable
- Happy to work in a temperature of -25 degrees Celsius (clothing will be provided)
- Previous experience of using RF scanning equipment preferred but not essential as training will be provided
If this sounds like you apply here for the Warehouse Operative role
We are immediately filling driver roles in Livingston. Chiltern offers very competitive salaries and benefits in an extremely active environment.
JOB TITLE: HGV Drivers Class 1 ( C+E ) & Class 2 ( C )
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Class 1 (C+E) - Salary - OTE £35,000 per Annum
Class 2 ( C ) - Salary - OTE £30,000 per Annum
Working within the Supply Chain Centre based in Livingston the purpose of the role is to ensure the accurate, safe and timely delivery of ambient and chilled goods to stores throughout Scotland. In the role, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out daily checks in line with company procedures prior to leaving depot to ensure the vehicle is roadworthy and the load is safe and secure.
- Evening/Night delivery of goods into stores by handballing product, placing goods in the designated areas whilst ensuring the accuracy and checking the goods delivery against the delivery paperwork.
- Shifts start from 16:00 and you will work 4 days of 7.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Class 1 ( C+E ) - The successful candidate will possess a full LGV C+E (Class 1) license ideally with no penalty points and be a current Driver CPC holder.
Class 2 ( C ) - The successful candidate will possess a full LGV C (Class 2) license ideally with no penalty points and be a current Driver CPC holder.
You must have good geographic knowledge of Scotland and ideally you will have at least 1-year current driving experience with HGV’s preferably with multi-drop delivery experience.
Previous experience working within a chilled food industry, a holder of a Food Hygiene Certificate and understanding of Health and Safety Legislation would be advantageous however, full training will be given.
Due to the nature of the role, which requires dealing with heavy goods, candidates should be physically fit. You will be self-motivated, able to build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and customers alike whilst working to achieve daily targets and deadlines.
If this sounds like you apply here for the Class 1 and/or Class 2 role.
Chitern Cold Storage Group Ltd is always looking for qualified individuals to join our team. We offer careers in logistics, warehousing, transportation, and office management among other areas.
If you are interested in making us aware of your qualifications and desire to join the Chiltern team please send a brief email detailing your experience along with your CV to email@example.com.
Or send us your details in the post:
Chiltern Cold Storage Group Ltd
Woodston Industrial Estate